Sweet Potato and Quino PattiesIf you are looking for something quick, easy, and delicious, then you came to the right place. Even my picky husband eats these and said he didn't miss meat at all...umm...SCORE!
The Sweet Potato and Quino Patties are so simple and delicious. You cam have them on a bun or I had mine on top of a bed of spinach with a Gucamole Sauce I made. Delicious!
Are you ready for the recipe, cause I'm getting hungry looking at my own pictures, haha!
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties Recipe
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes (baked or boiled, I baked mine)
- 1/2 can of corn with red and green pepper (mexican style)
- 4 tbs of almond flour (or more if you feel that the patties are to watery)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan with about 2 tbs of your choice of oil, I always use Medditarranean Blend Oil, on medium heat.
- If you baked the sweet potatoes, let it cool and once they're cooled off, remove the skin and mash it in a mixib bowl. Add the cooked quinoa, and 1/2 can of the corn. Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic poweder, cumin, onion powder, and almond flour. Mix until well blended and you are able to form a patty.
- This recipe made about 8 small to medium size patties. Add patties to heated oil one to two at a time. Let brown on both sides which should be about 4 minutes each side.
Guacamole Sauce RecipeIngredients:
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbs Greek yogurt (I love and use Chobani)
- 1/2 lime juice
- Mash the 1/2 avocado in a small bowl. Add the Greek yogurt and 1/2 lime juice. Mix all ingredients until it has a sauce consistency. Add salt and pepper if you want. Can be added to salads, roasted veggies, eggs, just about anything you want. It's an easy, healthy and delicious sauce.
And that, my dear readers, is how you make a quick, healthy, and delicious meal. Oh and gluten free as well. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do at my house.
-Eat, Love, Laugh